Nurturing Mother Nature
Unichem is committed to bring in and maintain continual improvement of high standards of environment, health & Safety (EHS) management as an integral part of the business.
The organization shall —
- Provide, maintain, and upgrade facilities, operations and working conditions which are safe for all employees, visitors, contractors and public.
- Integrate environment, process safety, health and occupational safety aspects during planning and decision making of business processes.
- Protect the health and well-being of employees and encourage them to adopt practices for maintenance of good health.
- Operate business in an environmentally and socially responsible manner to minimize impact on the environment for a long-term sustainable growth.
- Comply with all applicable EHS regulations and obligations and review them periodically.
- Encourage to adopt the measures for continual improvement of Environment, Health and Safety parameters.
- Consider consultation & participation of worker for improvement of Environment, Health and Safety management system.
- Provide necessary information, train, and motivate all employees for conducting operations effectively & responsibly.
- Design and maintain appropriate emergency response plan, procedures & business continuity capabilities.
- Interact & co-operate actively with all key stake holders both internal and external regarding EHS matters, performance, and progress, as necessary.
- Determine issues and requirements related to Internal and external stakeholders and evaluate risk and opportunities related to it.
- Effectively implement controls to manage the risk and execute the opportunities.
- Account the health and safety performance of individuals at different levels while considering their career advancement.
- Provide a resume of health and safety performance of the company in its Annual Report.
- Follow relevant techniques and methods, such as safety audits and risk assessment for periodical assessment of the status on health, safety and environment and taking all the remedial measures.