Innovation that improves lives
Over the years, Unichem has invested significantly in Research and Development (R&D) to create state-of-the-art R&D facilities. Backed by a research team of over 300+ highly-trained scientists with excellent credentials, the company’s R&D facilities are equipped with cutting-edge pharmaceutical research technology.
Unichem’s laboratories are equipped with the latest sophisticated analytical instruments like ICPMS, XRPD, NMR, GC, LCMS, GCMS, Particle size analyser, IR/UV, TGA, DSC, Prep HPLC and Flash Chromatography.
The company expanded its R&D facilities to strengthen Chemical and Formulation research capabilities. Its Biotechnology R&D facility focuses on cost-effective Bio-Catalysis, Biosimilar products and Novel Biological Entities or Novel Chemical Entities using recombinant microorganisms. It is geared to provide a new edge to Unichem’s R&D efforts.
Unichem’s R&D activities are focused on the following:
- Novel cost-efficient process development for Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) and intermediates
- Platform cost-efficient Recombinant Technology Development for Peptides, Proteins, Enzymes etc.
- Formulation development for Generic APIs, Biosimilars
- Formulation Development of OSDs, Injectables
- Formulation Development in Novel Drug Delivery Systems for Complex Generics
- Non-infringing routes for manufacturing products to be marketed internationally
- Computer Aided Drug Discovery of NCEs, NBEs, Enzymatic Catalysts
- Contract research to develop formulations for New Chemical Entities (NCEs) and Generic APIs
Inspired by an ambition to drive path-breaking innovative research, Unichem aims to improve people’s health by consistently providing better, more effective and safe products.